To access SciFinder/SciFInder-n you must first create an account using this SciFinder Registration link.
Access is limited to Fresno State students, faculty, and staff.
SciFinder is for Educational Use ONLY
Do not share your username/password
Search for References e.g. (topic terms, authors, citations), chemical substances and reactions, suppliers, biosequences, and retrosynthesis.
SciFinder-n is made up of several interconnected databases, which include:
• Journal articles, patents, conference papers, dissertations, and more from:
• • CAS references from 1907-present, plus selected content from 1800-1906
• • MEDLINE, references to journal articles in life sciences focusing on biomedicine, from the National Library of Medicine
• CAS Registry Substance records, many with property data, spectra, and other information.
• Organic reaction records
• Chemical Suppliers
• Regulatory Information
It also includes MethodsNow organic synthesis and PatentPak records.
From the References results list where you have selected multiple references...
1. Select the Download icon at the top right of the SciFInder-n results list
2. In the Download ReferenceType popup box, File Type options, select Citation (.ris)
3. In File Name give it a name you'll recognize
4. Click Download
5. EITHER Save the file. Then in Zotero, go to File—>Import and select the file from your downloads
OR If a popup box appears, select Zotero to open the file in your Zotero Library
6. Check and edit the imported information in Zotero as necessary.