Before you begin
• Close all Office® applications
• Turn off any antivirus software
1. Go to campus Technology Services Help Center: http://fresnostate.edu/help.
2. On the left menu select either Help for Students or Help for Faculty and Staff
3. On the left menu, select Software,
4. Login in with your campus username and password
(the same one you use for campus email).
5. On the center menu select EndNote Download page
6. Choose the Windows or Mac version, and click Get EndNote
7. Windows users: This video shows the installation process and where to find the product code
Mac users: Installing the downloaded EndNote file on a Mac is usually straightforward. However, be careful not to install EndNote on the cloud, e.g., in iCloud-- this causes glitches that might result in your library being lost. Be sure the location is set to your Desktop, Documents, or other location on your hard drive.
8. When you create a new EndNote Library
A. EndNote libraries should always be kept on your hard drive.
Never put EndNote libraries on network drives or on any type of syncing drive or folder
(such as OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, Box, etc.), as this would cause corruption over time.
B. EndNote libraries have two parts: always keep the .enl file and .data folder together
Common error messages once you have downloaded EndNote and try to install the program
• It asks for a product key
• It says it is a temporary version and wants you to pay to upgrade.
You can find the product code in the License text file in the folder that was downloaded:
For help downloading EndNote